Pages

April 20, 2015

Welcome to the Celestial Kingdom (April 6, 2015)

The unthinkable happened. On my birthday, I opened up the email which had the transfers written, and the first name was "Elder Rich." We all were dumbfounded. My companion spent the whole week last week saying goodbye to the ward....and I was the one leaving. But, as we continued reading, we saw that I was getting sent to spend my last two transfers in the "Celestial Kingdom" of the mission: Negritos, Talara. It is called such because it is right on the beach, like Pueblo Nuevo, but more beach. A picture: http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/20748613.jpg

Craziness.

But, in other news. Felix, our most intense investigator got his baptismal interview done yesterday and his baptism is set for Friday. Even though I won´t be there, it is sooooooo exciting!! I felt so happy for him. In the conference, I also received other tender mercies, as LOADS of the less actives who I have been teaching for my whole time in Tacalá came to the conference. I was humbled and grateful that my work made a difference in their lives. 

My birthday was spent getting egged, floured, and caked in the face. I ate BBQ, tacos, brownies, cake, french toast, pancakes, and drank lots and lots of Chocolate Milk. Sure, this took place in the course of three days, but boy oh boy do I need to exercise! I think I put on 20 lbs in one week!

And more about my transfer: I have stepped down as Zone Leader: well more like I got removed as Zone Leader, but received a very nice phone call from the President explaining to me that my new area is in trouble and needs a strong missionary, so he decided to send me here. I felt quite humbled. I am now with Elder Williams (my second Gringo companion) from Oregon. He is older than me, but has only four months in the field....so I will be doing some hardcore teaching. It should be fun.

I hope you all had a great Easter. I got to think a lot about Christ these past few days and am so grateful for His sacrifice. I love Him very, very much and want to share Him with the world. He is the Light and the Life of my world, and my Hope. I know families can be together forever, and that is the greatest motivation I have to continue forward. Have an awesome week.

Love,

Elder Dax Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment