Pages

April 20, 2015

And Now Behold, Can Ye Dispute the Power of God? (March 23, 2015)

In my long quest to finish the Book of Mormon for the 4th time in my life before the end of my mission, I crossed upon the story of Alma the younger. This young lad was destroying the church, but saw an angel and became one of the most powerful prophets of the entire Book of Mormon. His change of heart story is so strong and I love to ponder on the story and apply parts of it to myself. As I read this time around, I was impacted by the words of the angel to Alma:

"And again, the angel said: Behold, the Lord hath heard the prayers of his people, and also the prayers of his servant, Alma, who is thy father; for he has prayed with much faith concerning thee that thou mightest be brought to the knowledge of the truth; therefore, for this purpose have I come to convince thee of the power and authority of God, that the prayers of his servants might be answered according to their faith.

And now behold, can ye dispute the power of God?"

Through faith, prayers, and fasting, we can help literally anyone come unto the faith of Jesus Christ. He has all power and loves us, so quite easily He can help someone change their heart (even if it is very hard) and come unto Him. But, we need to do our part. I am seeing lots of blessings in my mission due to faith, prayers, and fasting, and invite you all to do these 3 things as well to see the power of God in your personal lives.

It was a week full of meetings and a sketch that we put on to tell the story of Alma with his missionary companion Amulek. It was lots of fun and I got to act like a "pata" from Lima. If I find the video, I will send it to you. No worries.

I hope you all have an awesome week! Read the Book of Mormon. Do it. The church is true. God lives. Jesus Christ is His Son. Joseph Smith was a prophet. It is the greatest truth I know of. May we all come to know and feel these things for ourselves as well. ¡CuĂ­dense mucho!

- Elder Dax Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment