Pages

April 20, 2015

Miracles Every Week (March 16, 2015)

First off, I included the music to the video I sent last week. I love this music and hope you all can enjoy it if you want to think about the Savior. (No worries, there aren`t words so people like me will be feliz).

As the title indicates, it was a good week this week. Like 3 weeks ago, we got a text message with a reference for a young-ish man who lives in our area. He was pretty interested, wanted a Book of Mormon in the first visit and (long story short) we lost contact with him a week later. It was pretty sad but we continued. Then, this week, we decided to contact a woman sitting outside of her house. When we shook her hand, she instantly said, "You guys finally came!" (In Spanish, of course yohoho.) We were pretty scared actually because usually that means the person is crazy, but it turns out that she was the wife of the guy we were visiting! We thus entered in her house, taught them both the Restoration, and the wife said she had wanted to read the Book of Mormon for years because of a co-worker who was such a great example to her. We left the book with her and invited her to read it and pray about it.

When we came back for the next lesson, I saw something that I have never seen in 20 months in my mission. The couple told us that they had been reading the Book of Mormon every night as a couple and personally, the husband understood everything he read (to the point that he began asking us questions at another level of comprehension), and the wife after praying about the book received a spiritual impression so strong that she began to cry. She told us that it was the most powerful prayer she had made in her life.

Elder Montero looked at me... I looked at him....and the Spirit hit us like a ton of bricks. Wooooow!

The family then said they would come to church on Sunday, which they did. And to even further prove their sincerity, for the first time in 8 years, there was a torrential rainstorm Sunday from 7 am to 10 am. Church starts at 9am. The roads were LITERALLY rivers. Yet, they got in a motortaxi with us and went to church with 50 other faithful members. Woooooooooooow!!

While they can`t be baptized because they aren`t married, they are literally the most prepared people I have ever met in my mission. I was truly humbled and testify that the Lord is preparing people everyday to learn about the Restored Gospel.

I will let you all know how things go with this family. I love you all very much and hope you have an awesome week. ¡CuĂ­dense! 

- Elder Dax Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment