Pages

January 13, 2015

The Last Area (Maybe) January 12, 2015

So, I got transfered from Santa Julia to the (even more) desert area of Tacalá. I was pretty surprised with the transfer, so I didn´t get to say good-bye to too many people, but well, here I am! This may be my last area in the mission, so I am excited to get to work here. I am now with an Elder from Bolivia named, Elder Montero. (Photos to come!)
 
To share just an interesting thought: before I left Santa Julia, I had the chance to talk with the bishop there. He shared with my companion and me an interesting talk from Elder Packer (of the modern-day 12 apostles) about trust. He said that in the talk, Elder Packer asked who of all of the apostles was the most loved. Obviously, it was John the Beloved. Christ even asked him to watch over His own mother. However, Elder Packer then proposed another question. Who did Jesus give His church to? It was Peter. Elder Packer then asked why would Jesus give His church to Peter if He loved John more? The answer is, as he explained, because it is better to be trusted than to be loved.

I thought about that a whole lot, and realized that in every aspect of life, that is true. It is better to be trusted by others than to win their affection, for trust is much more personal. I hope that in this last area I will be able to win the trust of everyone, so as to serve them to the best of my ability.

I hope everyone has an awesome week and that everyone gets the chance to come a bit closer to Christ. I know He lives and died to allow us to repent completely of anything we have done. I know the church is true and that we have a living day prophet as well as living day apostles, just as in the time of Jesus Christ. May we all come into the fold of the Good Shepard.

Cuídense mucho,
Elder Dax Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment