Pages

January 12, 2015

The Christmas Season (December 1, 2014)

So, after a wonderfully filling Thanksgiving dinner with Elder Perez and Elder Palmer, we changed our sights to the next transfer, as today we have transfers! At Thanksgiving, we decided to put a Peruvian twist on things, and we ate Empanadas, Chicken, Mashed...ish Potatoes, and lots of Chocolate Milk. It was quite the Latin-American party. We also then had interviews with the President who was very thoughtful (? I am losing my good English vocabulary) as we talked. It turns out he was thinking about how to make transfers LOCO. He succeded. He transfered Elder Eddington, and closed the family group in our zone, so Elder Perez and his companion are both being transfered. It was an emotional night for them last night as it was for many who had surprise transfers. Nonetheless, we continue...at least until Christmas!!!
The big thing now in the Missionary World is something called "He is the Gift." It is this big missionary project worldwide to share the Gospel this Christmas season. Thus, I feel that to take advantage of this event, I will do the same by sharing my testimony and great links to videos about Christ this month. (Kind of like last year....except not).
 
Here is one of my favorite Mormon Messages: a video that doesn`t exactly talk about the church, but does say why we need Christ in our lives. I watch this video and think of what Christ said to the American people here almost 2,000 years ago:
 
"Behold, I am the law, and the light. Look unto me, and endure to the end, and ye shall live; for unto him that endureth to the end will I give eternal life."
Christ is the light and if we can just be humble and pray with a sincere heart and real faith, we can know that He lives and loves us. That is the real gift of Christmas. No physical gift can wipe away tears, mend broken hearts, or lift fallen spirits quite like He who gave His life for us. I pray that everyone can enjoy this Christmas season by truly coming unto Christ through prayer and by keeping His commandments. I mean, He gave us his very life as a gift. We can at least try to give back a bit of ourselves by doing what He said in this scripture and "look unto [Him]."
I pray that you all know how much I love you and wish the best for you. Have a wonderful Christmas season, and I look forward to writing more next week! Until then, ¡CuĂ­dense mucho!

- Elder Dax Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment