Pages

January 12, 2015

Thanksgiving Thoughts (November 24, 2014)

Sometimes there are just weeks where there isn`t much to say. It is in those weeks where I feel the best thing to say, is the most important thing to say.
Recently I read this scripture in 3 Nephi when the Lord Jesus Christ came to America. It reads:
 "And it came to pass that Jesus blessed them as they did pray unto him; and his countenance did smile upon them, and the light of his countenance did shine upon them, and behold they were as white as the countenance and also the garments of Jesus; and behold the whiteness thereof did exceed all the whiteness, yea, even there could be nothing upon earth so white as the whiteness thereof."
There really isn`t much better than that. I don`t know that any of us could imagine a smile like that. It is a smile wider than a football team after winning homecoming, it is a smile brighter than a missionary getting home after many months of service, and it is a smile more heartfelt than a father coming home after weeks on a buisness trip. It is the smile of a loving Lord and Savior. The Gospel really is just that: Coming to know and love the Lord Jesus Christ and the Father who sent His Son. 
That is why I want to help others come to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is the Lord`s church. It is here where we can truly feel that same, unexplainable smile enveloping us with each and every day. It makes me so grateful to be here and to have a family united in the church. I know this is the true church, and I know families can be together forever. I felt that in a special way this week. I know it to be true. I pray for all of you, and many others not in this list, and I just hope and pray that one day we can all be together in the Lord`s kingdom basking in the warmth of that Godly sonrisa (smile). 
 
Que tengan una semana tan especial, especialmente este Día de las Gracias. I am thankful for my family, my testimony, and my loving Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. My love to you all on this very special week.

- Elder Dax Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment