Pages

March 9, 2015

Una Quemadaza (February 16, 2015)

Basically I set the religious world on fire this week through contacts and a nice little talk I gave at church. #thebesttalkievergave.

First the contacts:
For respect I won`t say exactly what religions I took on this week...but it was basically like a "Day of Defense" kind of thing. I will mention one religion though (for the sake of the story). We contacted a soon-to-be Jehovah`s Witness who insisted that her church was true and wouldn`t let us say a word. So, I wrote on a card a scripture reference and said that before she talked with the missionaries of that church she should read this scripture to know where to find the truth. It was a reference to a scripture that doesn`t exist in their Bible and on the back of the card was a reference to mormon.org. #quemada

Another noteworthy moment was when we actually got into the house to teach the family. The wife was MAAAAD hard of heart and tried to bash our religion. However, she forgot that I have 19 months in my mission and so I blew every single statement she made out of the water with Bible references. At the end, her husband confessed that he now doubted his religion and was willing to pray to see if Joseph Smith was a prophet. His wife practically kicked us out, though hahaha. #quemada

Anyways, I was really impressed with how certain the evidence is of Joseph Smith and the church he reestablished on the earth. I know that evidence doesn`t make a testimony...but it certainly is a good way to start the ball rolling.

Then came my talk yesterday. I talked about conversion and what impedes conversion: namely the act of not doing the basics as well as pride. It was a quemada for many members who currently complain about going to the temple and whose prayers are not sincere. It was also a huuuge quemada on a great investigator that we have who is so prideful that he won`t let the truth enter into his heart! So, I went Elder Rich style on him.

It was a week where I saw this Book of Mormon come to pass, quite literally:

"And they deny the power of God, the Holy One of Israel; and they say unto the people: Hearken unto us, and hear ye our precept; for behold there is no God today, for the Lord and the Redeemer hath done his work, and he hath given his power unto men;
Behold, hearken ye unto my precept; if they shall say there is a miracle wrought by the hand of the Lord, believe it not; for this day he is not a God of miracles; he hath done his work.
Yea, and there shall be many which shall say: Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die; and it shall be well with us.
And there shall also be many which shall say: Eat, drink, and be merry; nevertheless, fear God—he will justify in committing a little sin; yea, lie a little, take the advantage of one because of his words, dig a pit for thy neighbor; there is no harm in this; and do all these things, for tomorrow we die; and if it so be that we are guilty, God will beat us with a few stripes, and at last we shall be saved in the kingdom of God."

I know that this is the church of Jesus Christ, the only true church on the earth. I know for evidence, I know for faith, and I know for the power of the Holy Ghost. No man can be saved except through the saving ordinances performed in this the true church. It is something I know more than any other fact in the world, and I pray that we all can gain a solid testimony of this through prayer, through the faithful study of the Book of Mormon, and attending church in order to renew covenants with the Lord.

Que tengan una semana muy buena. ¡Cuidense!
Elder Dax Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment