Pages

March 4, 2014

¿Comprendes la condescendencia de Dios? ["Knowest that the condescension of God"] (March 3, 2014)

Asu macho, the power of some people´s faith completely blows me away. Seriously, seeing people without anything good going for them turning to the Lord and putting all that they have into obeying and following God completely humbles me and reminds me that faith truly is not faith until it has been tried.

To begin my retelling of my experiences from the week, I will share a very applicable scripture first. In 1 Nephi 11 (the first book in the Book of Mormon) the young man, Nephi had a vision in which he spoke to an angel of God. During this conversation, the angel asked Nephi this question: (in verse 16)
"Y me dijo: ¿Comprendes la condescendencia de Dios?"

Nephi in response said: (in the next verse)
"Y le respondí: Sé que ama a sus hijos; sin embargo, no sé el significado de todas las cosas."

Yo también sé que Dios ama a sus hijos, y es por esto: 


The first story is that of a woman in our ward who has 4 young kids, is single, lives with her anti-Mormon family, has very few friends, is dirt-poor, and barely makes any money from her job. And, what is more, her oldest son has decided to use drugs and is now hanging out with a shady group of boys instead of heping with the family. Yet, almost every Sunday, she walks into church with her baby and daughter, and asks what she can do to help out in the ward. She always tries to help us out as missionaries, and she constantly tries to have us teach her little children lessons from the church. She is like this spiritual rock, and I sometimes think, "Please, God, just translate her into heaven!" Alas, she has a work to do and an example to set, and I am ever-amazed by her.

The second is from the past Monday. Piura is suffering from an extreme drought, to the point that Piura has declared a state of emergency. So, on Monday, the Relief Society in the ward got together, all of them, and they prayed that God would send rain... in that very day. What faith right? Well...15 minutes later we got a HUGE downpour. It even flooded a bit in our room! But it rained extremely hard for 2 hours straight, and it was the first actual rain in months...and it was after the prayer of a group of faithful women.

So, when people say, you can´t tell me God loves us, I say what Nephi said in 1 Nephi 11:17. ("And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.") Yeah, I don´t know everything, far from it! But, I do know God loves his children.

I love you all and thank you all for your love and support. 

¡Cuídense mucho!

- Elder Dax Rich 

No comments:

Post a Comment