Pages

March 31, 2014

I Like My Baptisms Shaken, Not Stirred (March 17, 2014)

Baptism! Bacan! It was certainly a wonderful night, and what made it even better is that we had a nice mini-earthquake to start off the baptism. Right as the member leading the service began his introduction, the whole church started shaking and Piura experienced a mini-earthquake. It was my first experience with the ground shaking and it was certainly worthy of going in my journal. After everyone calmed down, we continued and had a very spiritual and lovely baptismal service. And now, Alexandra is a new member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! Good week indeed.

To finish off the week, we had one of the most spiritual lessons of my mission. To not go too into detail, I will just say that it changed a lot in me and Elder Quispe and really helped me to recognize Jesus Christ in my life as well as his role in this, His church. It was like star-power for my testimony, as I just felt even more sure that this really is the church of Jesus Christ, the same church that He established a little under 2000 years ago. We are very close to another baptism with this specific investigator, and I cannot wait to share it with you all, because I have all the faith in the world that this will work out. But to leave with a scripture; I ran across this scripture and it really just highlights everything in this last lesson perfectly.

In the Book of Mormon, in the Book of Ether, there is a scripture that reads:  (verse 18 in chapter 4) "Arrepentíos, pues, todos vosotros los extremos de la tierra, y venid a mí, y creed en mi evangelio y sed bautizados en mi nombre; porque el que crea y sea bautizado, será salvo; mas el que no crea, será condenado; y las señales seguirán a los que crean en mi nombre."

The señales/signs that follow are real and do come to everyone who accept and live the Gospel. If you want to know if this church is true, visit it! If you want to know if the Book of Mormon is another sacred testimony of the living Christ, read it! It starts with a desire, then an action, then a desire to change, and then baptism and the willpower to endure to the end of your life as a faithful disciple of Jesus Christ.

It is short this week, but thanks for all of you who are reading my blog and keeping Aimee and I in your thoughts and prayers. Much love to you all!

¡Cuídense mucho!


- Elder Dax Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment