Pages

March 31, 2014

Eres loco, Élder Rich (March 10, 2014)

First off, a shout out to my brother who will be serving a mission in.... well actually I am still waiting his email. But, I do know he will be serving a mission soon and that is awesome to hear, yet also weird. He is still just a little tike! Nevertheless, he will be great in his mission (wherever it is)!

We had an awesome activity this week, the best church activity that I have been involved in. We hosted "Combate SUD" which was a spoof on the popular TV show here: "Combate" with the SUD (santos de los últimos días). We played lots of different games, and yours truly got to host a few of the games, as well as the ultimate dance-off at the end. Yes, I even danced a bit (hence the title), but hey, it was in the name of missionary work! In truth, we had a successful activity and are looking forward to planning more activities like this one!

Scripture of the Week...with a twist! This time, I will send it in English, because everyone should know this scripture. I have it on my wall in my room, and I have it running through my head all the time. In the Book of Mormon, a prophet named Alma sat down with his son, Corianton, the black sheep in the family. Corianton had made some mistakes in his past and as a good father (and a servant of God), his father talked with him one-on-one and taught him some important lessons. One of those lessons is captured in this one line: (Alma 41:10)

"Behold, I say unto you, wickedness never was happiness."

It is too true. When we go against the commandments of God, sure we might get some instant gratification, which is also called: "momentary happiness." However, when we follow those commandments and go against what the world says is "better" to follow what our father in heaven says is "better," we get something called "joy" which is also called: "eternal happiness." 

If you aren´t happy, and I mean REALLY happy, now is the time to get happy. Study the commandments. Live them. Repent. Trust in Jesus Christ. The promise from the humble servant of the Lord Jesus Christ is that you will be happy. Truly happy. You will never know happiness like it.

Thank you all for reading and for your thoughts and prayers. Good luck to Chaz and love to Aimee! ¡Cuídense mucho!

- Elder Dax Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment