Pages

December 25, 2013

¡Feliz Navidad! (December 23, 2013)

As much as I would love to talk to everyone for Christmas, I just don`t get that luxury. So, instead I will send an email full of love and Christmas wishes!

So, my scripture for the week is exciting (well at least for me) and so I want to this time save it for last. So, yes, you need to read my adventures first!

Two Christmas parties this week: one with the ward and one with the President. The first one with the ward was one that I know select members of my family would have truly enjoyed, because the young women’s group danced to 5 songs from One Direction. Strange, yet nostalgic. We, as the 4 elders in the ward, then sang two Christmas Hymns (half in English, half in Spanish!). It was the first time I (as well as the ward, I think) heard Christmas Hymns sung in key this year! 

Then, we had our party with the President, where we got to watch the Polar Express in Spanish. I think I liked it and found it quite thought-provoking/complex because I am serving a mission and basically look for the deeper meaning in everything all the time. But, either way, it was nice to watch a "pelicula del mundo." (worldly movie)

My plans for Christmas basically are: eat, carol, eat, and then....well eat. I am excited for these activities, but unfortunately, all of the hard work I put into losing weight will probably be reversed in just 3 days. Oh well, that is why repentance is part of the Gospel, right? Yohoho. But yes, that is my very complicated life for the next few days...I hope everyone else has better/ healthier plans for their Christmas!!!

And now, the final Christmas Scripture! Here I would like to write a bit about the return of Jesus Christ to the world. No, it hasn't happened yet, but while we are all celebrating His birth and life this Christmas season, I figure it would also be appropriate to celebrate the fact that He will return and reign among the children of men. It may sound a little scary, but in truth it will be the greatest blessing the world has ever received! How? Well, as every good missionary knows, let's turn to the doctrine! In Doctrine and Covenants (a book of scripture written by modern day prophets as they received revelation directly from Christ) section 133 verses 3 and 25, we read: "Porque desnudará su santo brazo ante los ojos de todos las naciones, y todos los extremos de la tierra verán la salvación de su Dios...Y el Señor, sí, el Salvador, estará en medio de su pueblo y reinará sobre toda carne." In truth, I know that He will one day return to the earth and all will know that He is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. It is my testimony to everyone back home, and it is my testimony to the good people of Peru. I leave this Christmas Scriptural Thought with one more scripture from section 76 of Doctrine and Covenants, "Y ahora, después de los muchos testimonios que se han dado de él, éste es el testimonio, ul último de todos, que nosotros (y Elder Rich) damos de él: ¡Que vive!" 

I testify as His representative that Jesus Christ lives and that this is His church, restored on the earth to bless and save the children of men. Merry Christmas to everyone and may the Spirit of the Lord, the Holy Ghost, dwell in your homes and with your beloved families this Christmas. Enjoy God`s greatest gift to mankind this Christmas: your family. 

Con amor, fe, y esperanza verdadera: (With love, faith and true hope:)

- Elder Dax Rich


D&C 133:3 For he shall make abare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth shall see the bsalvation of their God.
25 And the Lord, even the Savior, shall astand in the midst of his people, and shall breign over all flesh.

 D&C 76:22 And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the atestimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he blives!

No comments:

Post a Comment