Pages

October 27, 2014

Going With the Wind (October 6, 2014)

My six months in Pueblo Nuevo are coming to their end. I spent part of the weekend this past weekend here in Paita and saw a few of the conference sessions, and prepared myself for what will be my penultimate week in Paita. Still much to do, but now I am kind of just going with the wind. Supposedly the President will be stopping by Paita tomorrow, and might stop by and check on us so that is exciting if not freaking intimidating, haha. Pero así es la vida.
 
The work of salvation keeps on rolling here. We are all working on getting more baptisms, meeting new families, and spreading the Gospel (which speaking of, is now VERY HARD because all of the workers in the mailing department in Paita have gone on strike so I can´t send ANYTHING until these people calm down and get back to work. Freaking strikes). We haven´t had many new things happen this week, but certainly I have had some great spiritual experiences through personal prayers and through my relationship with God. I hope everyone who reads this prays or at least gets the chance to pray once a day. There is nothing as special or as encouraging as a heart-filled, sincere, and faithful prayer. Truly there is a God in the heavens who hears our prayers and knows us perfectly. 
 
I truly do love being a missionary in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. There is no other truth except that given by the Christ Himself. I hope everyone can be brought into the fold of the Good Shepard one day and that we can all be together as family and friends for all time and eternity. 

Gracias a todos y espero que tengan muy buena semana. ¡Cuídense mucho!

- Elder Dax Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment