Pages

February 2, 2014

Música Clásica, Árbol Genealógico y Fiestas de los Perros (Jan. 27, 2014)

So that is pretty much 3 different phrases to describe this week. Classical music, family history work, and a lot of dogs. A lot.

So with the classical stuff, we have this investigator who heard that I did some singing in my past and he was quite impressed, and thus we launched into a 90 minute discussion about music, singing, and well Pavarotti. Don`t worry, I also got a little lesson squeezed in at the end! But yes, I also have a now extensive collection of classical music in my room and thus I am constantly in an orchestral world of Gospel-centered thoughts. I am indeed quite happy.

We are also now, as a mission, working very tightly with family history work. We are trying to teach a lot of lessons with just about everyone about our families, their stories, and how we can help connect and bless our families (those who are living as well as those who have died!). The church has the biggest database in the world for family history work, and you all are welcome to visit it at: 
It is quite excellent indeed!

And well....there are just a lot of weird dogs here. Nobody keeps their dog on leashes or in their own houses, so there are just a million stray and crazy dogs. It is just always an adventure to walk the streets and try to read the mind of one of these bipolar canines. However, as always, I will sing praises to Poopy, the dog that comes to church every week. There just never was a dog as obedient as little Poopy.

Oh, also it wouldn`t be an Elder Rich email without one of the lessons I learned this week...in Spanish! So in the book of Ether in the Book of Mormon, there is an awesome little verse that is just so darn true. In Ether 12:27 the Lord Jesus Christ says to the prophet Moroni, "y si los hombres vienen a mí, les mostraré su debilidad. Doy a los hombres debilidad para que sean humildes; y basta mi gracia a todos los hombres que se humillan ante mí; porque si se humillan ante mí, y tienen fe en mí, entonces haré que las cosas débiles sean fuertes para ellos." Truly, we all have weakness, and they are all different for each one of us. However, it is our objective and it is quite possible to have these weakness becomes strengths for us, if we put our faith in the Lord. I will tell you all that I certainly have many weakness, and while I am not Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson now, I certainly am much stronger in at least one of my weak points as I have recognized the weakness, prayed diligently for help, and cultivated my faith. It takes time, but we can become "the Rock" spiritually if we put in our best effort and rely on He who has all power.

Well indeed this is all I have to share, so I hope everyone has a great and safe week admist snow and other peligros in the world! My prayers and love for all of you!

¡Cuídense mucho!


- Elder Dax Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment