Pages

November 24, 2014

Selfless Service (November 3, 2014)

To be to the point with this email, I can honestly say that one thing I have truly learned on my mission is that no matter how hard we may have it, there is ALWAYS someone with life FAR worse. Even today, as I was talking with another missionary, I found out that his parents gave him up as a little kid and want nothing to do with him and his adoptive parents aren`t members. Yet, he is here. I have met so many people who come from homes where their parents say the church is full of crazies and condemn their only child for wanting to serve the Lord on a 18 month to 2 year mission. I have met so many others that leave and find out that their mom, their sister, their baby brother, or even multiple members of their families have died while they have been out on a mission.
 
And those are just missionaries.
 
The members sacrifice even more. Last Sunday for example a 90 year old woman with cancer struggled up to the pulpit to testify of Jesus Christ and then say that she knew her end was near. I have seen other members who chose to be baptized at the threat of being kicked out of home as a single mother...and they chose to fear God more than man and were then baptized and kicked out of home. I see people who pay their tithing and have nothing. They have water and rice for food and sometimes fast.
 
I came on the mission saying I had it hard. A lot of tough stuff happened for me when I left on a mission, but I quickly learned that the secret is to love others and make their needs more important than your own. That is why this mission is the greatest two years. It is a time to forget oneself and serve others with all of your heart, might, mind, and strength. I testify as a 12 year member of this church, a 15 month missionary, and a child of our Heavenly Father that I am in the work of the Lord and that this is the only true church. Salvation cannot come by any other mean.
 
I hope you all have a great week. Pray sincerely and you will know that what I say is true.
 
- Elder Dax Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment