Pages

July 15, 2014

Pueblo Loco (June 30, 2014)

It is the new name we came up with for our area. I can’t tell you all the things that are going on here, because #rules but maaan oh maaan, I am learning A LOT. Things have happened here that have caused me to really be a leader, to really solidify my faith, and to learn how to teach, but in a whole new way. I am pretty much going through another training myself! But, I cannot thank the Lord enough for the chance I have here to do some good. We have come into contact with a between 9 and 14 families in just 2 weeks, and have invited many of our investigators to be baptized. My faith is augmenting a lot, and I can honestly say that my God is a God of miracles. You will all see that one day, if you haven’t already, I promise every last one of you that. 

Speaking of training: today is my companion’s birthday! Happy Birthday, Elder Villalba! I just kind of feel bad, because there is literally nothing to do in Paita besides the beach. Oh well.

And then, well just a bit on my personal studies this week. I was reading about an American missionary from like 2,000 years ago and his testimony about God. He said, "Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." It hit me pretty hard, because it was kind of what I feel. I have learn to appreciate God and His Son, Jesus Christ beyond words, and my faith in them has grown to exceed anything I would have thought before my mission. This missionary named Ammon, then said,

"yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.

Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land."

Poetic, yet also very much how I feel. I love God and I love that He restored His church on the earth. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord´s kingdom established on the earth and that only this church has the power of God to unite families beyond the bands of death. I pray that everyone who reads this will one day come unto God and receive the life, light, joy, and salvation that Ammon and I speak of. 

#FamiliesCanBeTogetherForever


- Elder Dax Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment