Pages

August 9, 2013

Week Three

This week really flew by, and I feel like it will continue to be rather quick. There are always adventures here and a lot of growth happens here for many different people, especially for those who haven´t been away from home, which personally i have no idea how they are holding up so well. Anyways, once your mind starts focusing on the Lord, everything seems to be easier, and that probably is true for all aspects of life, but for sure here. I´ve had lots of great scriptures I have wanted to share with everyone, but I keep forgetting my scriptures and my notebooks when I come to email. My companion and I literally book it to the computer lab when it is our time to email, and we always forget to bring other items outside our cameras and camera cords. Pero, esta bien. I am sure I will have some for another later week. I hope all is going well for everyone back home. My prayers are always with everyone back there, and I know God will be blessing everyone back home.

Dios es muy amoroso, y Su amor es para nosotros siempre. Now that my district has been here for 3 weeks, we are considered the "intermediate class" and all the newbies are the "Gringos" a name which we are not hesitant to remind them of. We keep an iron thumb pressed down on these Gringos and we all very much enjoy our position as "veterans" of the CCM. I continue to learn more and more Español each day, and I am getting better at speaking with people, a skill which came in helpful especially today when my district went shopping for P-Day. We were walking to the store, and two ladies stopped us, said they had just become members of our church and (on the verge of tears) grabbed each of our hands and thanked each of us at least 10 times for our service. It was so heartwarming knowing we will be able to touch lives like these two wonderful women's lives and I really just cannot wait to get to Piura to help people find the joy of knowing their Redeemer and loving Father. This is a great and marvelous work, but oh man, is it hard. Español es muy dificil, knowing where to start teaching is muy dificil, and even just getting a moment to share your message with others is muy dificil. But, all will work out. I know it.

In terms of adventures, I don´t really have enough time to share anything super exciting, so I will just leave it at my district is crazy and we make every day an adventure. I love it so much here, and for the first time in a while I caught myself smiling the entire night until I fell asleep last night. This work gives you such a good feeling. I am currently reading "Jesus the Christ" a book about the man who is Jesus Christ in this life, the life before, and the life after his crucifixion. I have learned so many mind-blowing facts and have grown to understand our Brother so much more in just 200 pages of reading. I recommend it no matter who you are if you want to know more about Christ. (In addition to the Bible and the Book of Mormon of course). Now people are yelling at me to get off, so I really won´t write anymore for now, and will have to deprive everyone of my wonderful stories for another week. I love you all and pray that joy and blessings will flood into your life.

Oh and Alma 26:12 by the way.
(12 Yea, I know that I am anothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will bnot boast of myself, but I will cboast of my God, for in his dstrength I can do all ethings; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.)

Enough said.

Elder Dax Reech (as the Latinos say)

No comments:

Post a Comment